View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
hudsen8 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Hawaii Equivalent

Ok, so as the title says, that's what we're searching for. Also I didn't know where to post this (feel free to move mods if I'm in the wrong) and I'm also new to the forum, although been lurking around for a while. On to the topic.

My wife and I are wanting to move. We both work in the hospital she a nurse, I a sonogram/rad tech. Here is our conundrum. I'm used to island living (originally from NZ) she is not. I want to move to Hawaii, still apart of the US, Close to her family in TX (ok a little further), we have no kids yet, surf, ocean, lots of places to explore, can ride my DS daily, great temperature, I HATE big cities and my list goes on along those lines. (Reading stuff off her list, Yes we made lists) She wants to live in the lower 48, something about islands bother her (literally), likes somewhat larger cities, good places to shop, nice restaurants, nice beaches, relaxed atmosphere, love the water, a place where she can walk/ride her bike to work or shop, her lists goes on like that.

So basically we've come to the conclusion we want a lot of the same things, just not living on an island. I'm actually thinking I'm experiencing the opposite of island fever. I love her to death so I'm willing to give that up (still working on her about it though). Writing this because I'm at a loss of places to look at and I think we've looked so long I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. We've been looking since November last year and want to move probably around Oct 2013 - Feb 2014. Also moving expenses aren't a factor although I know the are, we will make it work no matter where we go. Sorry about the long post guys and girls. My question is, what are some great coastal cities we should be looking at? I'm asking here because I realize this forum is all about adventure and traveling and want know as many opinions about this as possible. I've been up for the last 36 hours so I feel I'm just rambling on now. I will probably amend this tomorrow sometime, I feel it may be too long.

Some places we've looked at - Myrtle beach, place in Maine(too cold for me), NY (I don't think so), and a couple places in Florida.

Thanks so much for every ones help, Hudsen

hudsen8 screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 08:26 PM
hudsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote