View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #212
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 408
After reading through this I thought I needed to stand up for our Oklahoma LEOs, lol. I've actually never been hassled by one while on my bike, although my friend and I did get a light flash from the other side once, amazing how chopping the throttle will reduce speed, lol.

Living in OKC area, and I had decided to buy my current bike from Dean Jones at Sandia BMW in Albuquerque, so intended to go get it and pull it back. Well, my car decided to act funny so I just rented an Explorer that had a receiver so I could pull the small MC trailer. My son and I loaded it up and left our small town west of OKC, and hadn't been on the road more than five minutes, rolling about 3-4 over among a lot of rush hour commuters when I saw that an OHP had materialized behind me and was lighting me up. My son, not yet 16 at the time, had eyes like saucers and I was muttering what the...4 over?? He came up and looked us over while being pleasant and then noncommittal when I answered his question about why I was being pulled over by saying respectfully "Apparently for going 3-4 over?" Asked me back to his car, in the meantime my son's eyes were now also bugging out and I think he was calling his mom even as I got out to follow the rather large and muscular fellow back to his Charger. We got in the car and he said "Mr....what's your name?" I give it to him while he is squinting at the insurance card and license..."We aren't too harsh here, but we would like folk from Georgia (Georgia tag on SUV) to drive the speed limit, especially at rush hour...wait a minute...this says you live in Yukon???" I explained how my car had punked out and we were on the way to Alb. to bring back a MC, and he could call Officer S... H... if he needed references, the Explorer had more pep than my VW diesel and I hadn't really driven it but a few miles so far, and...(insert tap dancing routine here)" He just shook his head and gave the stuff back to me and said "Just go on, keep it around the limit, ok...and I wouldn't be bragging about knowing S..." and he started laughing, so did I, and then my son had to call his mom back and correct his fervent opinion that I had been arrested and taken back to the cruiser, and I had gotten lippy with the Trooper
Ricky Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote