View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #38
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
Seriously.... That was the most confusing, pointless and worthless article I have ever read. I would have been more enlightened had I tried to find help reading my Dog's turd.
If you ignore some of the dialog and look at the graphs, it says that most any of those oils tested have the necessary additives for normal oil change intervals. And, it is also good information for those with extended oil change interval...like a 10K mile trip...to use the oils that have the highest acid reduction additives...the third graph. And I would pick any oil that had that and also a high anti-wear additive.
Trouble is, the graphs are confusing and even wrongly labeled. The oils were tested blind, given MOAxx labels, referred to in the text in that way, but nowhere could I find a translation. At least the important data is listed by brand names on the graphs and can be deciphered with some thinking about it. The viscosity chart is the most confusing, but I think if one throws out all the oils except the synth Castrol, Mobil 1, and BMW and then consider the other two graphs, those three oils are my choice.
So there is some value to this article.
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote