View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #487
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawawill View Post
Mike,
I appreciated all your input in this thread. It seems as though you found some new friends in Rodrigo and Raf. Rodrigo took some great pics and it seemed as though you all had a great time in Foz.
How are things Stateside? Missing Brazil much? What brought you to Brazil in the first place?
Will
Hi Will. My wife is a Carioca and when the economy crashed in 2007 it took my business with it so we decided to move to Brazil and live cheaply. I soon found out that to maintain the "gringo" lifestyle I wanted is really expensive in Brazil. When it cost me about $600 USD for tires for my $17,000+ USD DL650 I knew it was time to go back to the states. I miss Brazil a lot and think of the rides I had there. One of the best was with Evandro (Fox) http://www.pisteiros.com.br/profiles...il-sul-offroad. Beautiful scenery, good and bad weather, great hotel, drinking beer in the sauna after riding the last hour in cold heavy rain. Just a great trip.

A couple of my favorites:

There are so many more.........I need to go back and ride more.
Life is good in the states (with 3 bikes ) but just not the same.

SCExpat screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 07:27 AM Reason: Specify US Dollars in prices.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote