View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #923
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,380
My day was just a simple fix.

The thermostat parts that control the flow of oil to the cooler came in. I'd gone in early to work to help stamp out a few little fires. Once I got that done I took aim on Victory BMW down in Chandler where the parts were. Great weather when I left the hotel at 5am, around noon, it is warm to hot. By the time I got back to the hotel I was really wondering how hot it was going to be in the shade.

Not to worry, a slight breeze and some shade, we had things back to right in minutes. The longest part of the task was warming the oil after with the engine at idle to check when it came open. Right at that transition from five bars to six.
The parts are not arranged as they fit. The brass thing's small end fits against the spring. The "theta" shaped washer fits against the large end of the brass thing on top and the o-ring replaces the hardened one on the fitting.
The parts. I figured as long as I was there I'd just replace everything I could pick up.

About $50 worth.

On the 1150 this stuff sits under the fitting from the top of the engine to the oil cooler at the top, right, front of the motor just ahead of the cross-over fuel line for the Adventure,

Mr Head screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 05:21 PM
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote