View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #173
Krasniewski OP
I don't ride much.

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by pass12me View Post
Hello
Harley Sportster mufflers work great.And they sound great on smaller engines .I have a pair on my 1971 Honda SL 350 and a pair on my 71 Cb/Cl 350 and my friends 1974 CB500 twin.The smaller engines don't put out enough volume to fill the mufflers like a Harley engine does, so hence with a smaller engine it's louder but a very nice louder .No more fiber glass packing to mess with easy to mount and easier to tune the carb and they are dirt cheap around $35--$40 most of the time for a pair ,and you'll have an extra just in case of oop's .But make sure you get the Sporster ones with the mounting tab on top and no crossover port.I would have put some pics of my bike in here but I can't figure out how to post them.There's a good website to find them on .Just pm or email me and I will give you the details or send your phone and I will call you or I'll send you mine if you like .Paul
Good info! My concern is really about whether they'll fit or not though - I've gotta deal with that small gap b/w the bike and shock. Hmm....
Krasniewski is offline   Reply With Quote