View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #13
exile730
exile730

Oddometer: 67
I am a bit late on this posting .............

So .... rodmuzzWA has been chastising me for my slack posting antics so I thought I had better get to it. I have been under the pump of late and have been riding more than snapping and typing. I have also strained my left forearm with clutch shenanigans so I know life is good.

A new addition for rodmuzzWA’s stable – it’s a girl!

The KLR has landed

Rod has been on a collision course with a KLR650 for a while and it has now happened – a brand spanker in bright red with free ADV pack to follow. Lucky bugger! 1000kms of 90km/h for running in so off we went.

Don’t worry though ... it may be old, bruised and banana-ish but I am still in love with my DR650

I was keen to try the dark side though and I have to say the KLR rocks! Great VFM and a really nice bike with great features for a great price. Rod is a happy boy!

First trip out

First trip was Dandalup dam and some arse puckering moments on gravel at Scarp Road. Very enjoyable and no dramas. Rod had a pucker moment in some deeper gravel at the Alcoa lookout – crashbars are coming soon I think. We have such great local rides and Rod is always good company.

Quick Z ride with ZORK (Z Owners Riders Klub) Mandurah
Easter Friday Zork headed off but no pix taken. Quick 100 miler with the boys on Easter Saturday and a few pix of the Dwellingup main drag with a few bikes around. I love these old Zs and they just keep going hard .... with a few oil leaks along the way, of course!

Easter Sunday – the 650s on tour
Rod and I met at the Dome in Pinjarra and then off for more running in kms. I quite like it at 90km/h as you get to see a whole lot more than when going hard. We were just heading off to Serpentine Falls and then onto Serpentine Dam and Jarrahdale for a bacon sandwich. Rod had a run in with a kangaroo on Friday evening so our eyes were peeled for those pesky critters .... and we found some!

Choices ... choices ....

Bush outside my place on a crisp Sunday morning

Nothing but blue skies

Old church – Easter Sunday but no service on?

Nice valley

The Special K

The view from the lookout was mint

Special K in action

Remember those roos? Gotta keep your eyes peeled down this way ....

the falls were good and quiet as when we were there.

Off for a fang (running in style) and a bacon sandwich and then back via a class lookout.

Closed up on 160kms for the morning and a great ride was had. The 650s are a lot of fun and make for sensible blatting about on a double demerit weekend!

Hope you like the pix!

exile730 screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 04:18 PM
exile730 is offline   Reply With Quote