View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #2574
piratexpress1369a
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Were finally into a stretch of good weather after a dreary fall and winter out this way... I went out today to check on conditions along the route...

Last year this section just south of Woss was still snowed in mid April, as you can see no snow, but a lot of downed trees..

I was the first one on this road this year, so I spent a fair bit of time bouncing over, going under and plowing through snow downed trees... I did not have my saw with me and the clusters were getting worse so I made the demoralizing decision to turn around and go back {message to self for next time "bring saw"}...

These logs were set here last fall for safety reasons after some flooding damaged the road... I found it quite easy to skirt around the end of the 2 longer logs, bikes yes, cages no... Sometimes this section does not get maintained until summer ...

This plane sounded like it was having engine problems and may be the reason why it had landed on Muchalat Lake...

He stalled a couple of times before heading off into the scenery...

Roadside snow is about 4.5 feet deep...

Using the Tahsis Summit as an indicator it looks like we are about 1 month ahead of last year for the snow melt... If it keeps up the whole Island section should be ride able by late April early May...
some great pics for sure