View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #251
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Barra da Lagoa, Friday, 22 March 2013 to Sunday, 24 March 2013, Day 262 to Day 264

Thats me on the left :-) not[/caption]

Have spent the last 3 days attempting to surf. How did that go I hear you all ask, well let me tell you I have found something else that I really enjoy but have absolutely no talent for but had a bloody good time trying to get the hang of this. First day quite a lot waves and bloody big ones for a beginner so spent most of the lesson face planting my muggins in the sea so in short did not get up on the board once. Seemingly this old boy is not as agile as he used to be I have recollection of being reasonably sporty in my youth but seems I have lost that ability as It takes me forever to pick up new things these days. In surfing the trick is to get from lying flat on the board to upright position in one fluid motion. Your having a laugh are you not the only fluid motion this old boy had was when he had the trots in Columbia so need a plan B as Philly cannot do that move so break it into 2 steps which is not ideal hence the continuous face planting.

Next lesson need another solution to get this old beached whale standing on a surf board so they bring out the whale size surf board that being one you use for Surf paddling so its the size of a barn door thus making it much more stable and first time I use this I am surfing baby as it nigh on impossible not to be able surf on one of these as he face plants his muggins again on the next wave! So some improvement over the 3 days may be able to progress back to the normal surfboard if I ever do this again but this is a sport you got to spend a considerable amount of time getting the hang off and doing regularly so living near a place where you can do this regularly which I do not see happening and there are many other sports I am crap at that I want to work on before I add another one to my list but will definitely have another bash at this as its quite addictive. So thanks to Josue of Josue Surf School for your patients and an enjoyable 3 days surfing.

Josue my surf teacher cheers mate[/caption]

Surfed for a couple of hours a day leaving the rest just to relax so did a lot of walking and just chilling and reading. Had the room to myself for the first couple of nights, which was nice, but had company on the weekend.

So 4 nights in the same place I have got itchy feet again so moving on again but I did enjoy my couple of days as a beach bum but perpetual motion is Philly preferred state and I was getting tired of people trying to push me back into the sea whilst pouring sea water over me seemingly there is some kind of likeness between me and a beach whale I myself do not see this likeness!

Barra da Lagoa[/caption]
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote