View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #252
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Barra da Lagoa to Laguna, Monday, 25 March 2013, Day 265

So any of you know how to drive this thing?[/caption]

So back on the road again first thing I wanted to do was a quick whizz around the island of Santa Catarina went north first which was pretty uninteresting so was not going to bother with the South part but found myself in the wrong lane in Florianopolis so decide what the hell and took a look at the south of the island as well which was nicer and less built up so I was glad I did this. Back on the main land destination a place called Imbituba no idea why other than itís the right distance away for an easy days ride. Spent quite a while tootling around the island so was about 4ish when I rolled into Imbituba. Spent a while looking for somewhere to stay but everything is quite expensive look both up the coast and down the coast and ask at lot of places but all to much for Phillys budget. Found the perfect place Hostel and camping on the beach but looked like it had shut for the winter or end of the season thought about camping here anyhow but that thought did not last long why because its camping *:-)

So plan B its 40km to Laguna next town along the coast South lets give that a try.

Tourist office just outside town and they give me an address of a place near the beach and just as its getting dark Philly and Daisy find there new home for the night a very well worn out run down Hotel. Cheap and cheerful and pleasant enough so this will do room to myself. Next food which is proving difficult as there are a lot of bakeries and place selling pasty, sandwiches and hamburgers but I am getting tired of this all the time and just want some simple plain cooking but tonight the best I could was a chicken burger sandwich after walking around for a while back to me room and tonightís film was Django Unchained Tarantino latest offering. Nothing special and very weak plot and his cameo roll with the 2 Aussies whatís that all about. It looks like he is just regurgitating his old films using the same cast from those as well as the sound tracks shuffling it all up and hey presto a newish film. You have to do better than that.

This film critic needs to hit the sack good night.
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote