View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
EvanADV OP
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Frogg Toggs are the best, not expensive yet effective. Its much easier to ride in the rain when you are comfortable. The helmet thing is a bit surprising as open face can get tiring, but it does put you in the forefront of the action. Feel the wind! (and don't fall off).

Aerostich will be your friend when your wife-to-be pulls out her catalogs and starts contemplating her purchases, you will do the same. Only your stuff will be better than hers.
I've yet to get the Frogg Toggs. Unfortunately I'm hard to fit. Got a Jafrum suit that does duty when I'm stuck in foul weather now, but as you'll see I never ended up getting rain gear on this trip.

I do have my eye on a Teiz suit, which looks like a great alternative to the 'stich; especially since they do custom suits for a reasonable price.

BTW - she's my wife now as of 9/10/11. Thankfully she's a thrift store junkie, not a catalog junkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheRVA View Post
I'm interested to hear more! I like the narration. I am your same age, starting from Virginia, and have the same desires for cross country motorcycle traveling. I imagine when I get the chance to make the trip I'll be seeing everything much the same way Thanks for sharing.
I'll keep it coming, so much more to tell. I would encourage you to do whatever you desire. It truly is a life changing experience. If you do it alone there is a higher risk but you will learn a tremendous amount about yourself in the process. You'll want to see whats to come to understand the metaphorical peaks and valleys of such a journey. At least, how they were for me.

More to come, hopefully tomorrow!