View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 429
Getting there ...

Hana of Motoadventours.com offered us a great deal on transporting our bikes to her shop in Malaga, so all we had to do was jump on a plane. I had a few hours in Frankfurt and went to the Lufthansa lounge for breakfast. While I was sipping on my coffee, Lufthansa sent me 3 text messages on gate changes, it seemed they couldn’t make up their minds. I hate that airport. Taxiways are so long it sometimes seems as if taxiing takes longer than the actual flight itself.
With all that confusion it also took a while before Maddin found me.

Once in Malaga Hana and Patrick picked us up from the airport and gave us some tips on Morocco. Their website states: ‘[…] we don' t spoil any fun, and we are nice to look at’. I’d say they’re not lying, but I will not back that up with photos: Book a trip with them and find out yourself!

Here's Maddin loading the bikes

In comparison to Iceland I have lost about 200lbs of weight: most of it on the bike and luggage, little (if any) on myself.

The first kilometers on wet asphalt were exciting as we both had to adjust to the offroad tires. We found traction after reducing the pressure significantly and made it in time for the ferry from Algecira the next morning. Surprisingly we met Hana again at the port, as she was leading a tour into Morocco.

At the ferry terminal

I don't remember much about the border process, but there was some queueing up on the ferry and then in Tangier. With some hints from Hana it was easy.

pip_muenster screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 08:33 AM
pip_muenster is offline   Reply With Quote