View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 429
Driouch

The next day saw us riding east along the Mediterranean coast. The road was twisty, the sun was shining and there was little traffic. This looked much less like a tourist trap and I finally had the feeling that the Morocco trip was becoming a vacation.
Around lunch time we agreed to stop at the next booth stimulating our noses. That turned out to be a small hut between the road and the beach, offering tasty grilled fish.

We continued along the coast and had some more excitement on wet roads through the outskirts of the Rif moutains. Even in 3rd gear at half throttle, my rear tire was constantly sliding all over the place ...

Around dusk we started looking for a hotel. In the first town we were told that they had a hotel, but that we wouldn't want to stay there. We had a look, agreed and continued. It got dark. In the next town, Driouch, we were again told that though there was a hotel, we should still continue to Nador. This time, we decided to stay.

The hotel was small and simple, but clean - and that was everything we were asking for. I woke up early and went downstairs to search for coffee. The night guard had brought out the carpet from the entrance to cover our bikes and hide them from praying eyes ... I tipped him well.

Sleeping bikes ...