View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 416
Missour

Our goal for today was to reach the real stuff and get some dirt under our tires. We headed south, avoiding the main road wherever possible. The day started sunny with the morning mist beautifully filling the valleys, but than it got foggy and cold.

Anyway, even that ended somewhere and after we climbed up some hairpins we reached a wide plain where we also found the first dirt roads.

(photo: maddin)

Unfortunately, it didn't take long before we hit asphalt again. The road turned west, so we were heading towards the snow covered Atlas mountains on the horizon.

At one point, I asked Maddin to wait and take a picture of me. I rode up to the edge and looked down. What I saw was a crack in the ground to my left side, so I was standing between the cliff and the crack - not good. I quickly changed position to get on the 'save' side of the crack ...

(photo: maddin)

By the end of the day we reached Missour and checked into a guesthouse. The entrance was covered in stickers from other groups and expeditions. Later in the evening, maddin asked a policeman for a good restaurant. He simply left the gate he was guarding and lead us to a place which looked like a butcher, with half a lamb in the window. Inside there were tables, and we had some good pork chops for dinner.

pip_muenster screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 08:02 AM
pip_muenster is offline   Reply With Quote