Jim Day
full manic mechanic

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
Back in the day I used Dunlop K70s
I just put up a thread about this.

I'm running Dunlop K70s on my R75/6 a 3.50x19 front, 4.00x18 rear

Here's essentially my review http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post21083447

I love them, used to ride on them back in the day, just bought my first set of then new ones. They are great tires, better then I had remembered. They do well on dirt, gravel roads, as well as on pavement. I wouldn't necessarily call them a true duel sport tire, or stick them on a GS, but for your bike I'd say they are pretty perfect. Since we don't have much mud out here I'm not running them in muddy conditions. If I did I imagine I'd have to raise the front fender.

I'm not sure what your going to be riding on but if I'm reading you right I think you'll be pretty pleased with that tire. You may want to consider increasing your front tire size to 3.50 for more grab on dirt, and I think the larger tire planes up better on the soft stuff.

Then again if you want a true dual sport tire.... I really like Shinko705s. I put them on my R65 bobber/chopper project (just the front in this pic)

That tire rides well on pavement, comes in sizes that will fit your bike, looks incredibly cool, and it will out perform your bike on dirt, on gravel, or off-road.

I can ride that bobber almost anywhere with those tires. It's only ground clearance that slows me down. My buddy Walt a true Dual sport aficionado got so excited when he saw mine, he instantly bought a set for his KTM. He's always riding offroad and loves them.

Jim Day screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 10:41 PM
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote