View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #34
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Ok, just a short update.

I've been riding the KDX a little more. Planning on doing the Steele Creek GNCC Race this weekend in Morganton NC with GI_JO_Nathan. I'm convinced I'm going to die. Its a two hour race.

I smacked a tree pretty good with the left handlebar a few days ago. I think I was just tired and it was the end of the day. Bent the handlebar risers and twisted the crash bar. My knuckles are happy. I'm up to about 15 miles in an hour on tough single track. So happy about that, but no idea how well I'll do for two hours.

I've got a lot planned for the F800GS in the coming weeks. Today I did the following. Should have taken me half the time, but anytime I do a project, no matter how much I plan, I have to go to the store at least 3 times. Today was only once!

But I mounted a FUZEBLOCK so that I can have a nice clean install for future electronics and everything running on switch power. Only thing I hooked up to it so far was a dual USB outlet that I mounted next to the ignition. Looks pretty good. I was nervous about cutting on expensive BMW plastic.

I eventually want to hardwire my Garmin Nuvi power to it. I might remove the powerlet outlet on the left and replace with a 12V cigarette outlet. The previous owner had a 12V outlet mounted on the side plastic, it was ugly and the crash bar hit it when locking the forks when parked. I also will maybe put a com system on the bike.

This is the top fairing pulled back showing the FUZEBLOCK, USB outlet installed, and SAE charging connector.

Here it is all buttoned up.

Here is where the old 12V outlet was, need to figure out a way to fill or cover the holes. Maybe a sticker?

And then got some stickers off the front that the previous owner had on.

Before

After!

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote