View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #235
chabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
What should I pack? Well, this is what I pack.....

and this song is dedicated to our 'true' travelin man BURT

Okay, so your wondering, what do you pack for a trip like this? Wonder no more. Well, your needs might be different, but here is what I did and what I learned. Every trip I try to exclude stuff I didn't use for the next trip. Light and small is my goal. Riding the Wr250 it's also good to minimize. So lets see....

This was my total package except for my riding gear and a fleece jacket.
The two plastic trays held my small stuff in my tank bags, as well as my paperwork in a ziplock.

IMGP2639.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Left turpperware had stuff to clean visor, headlamp, battery and phone charger, tire gage, ear plugs, chapstick, etc.

IMGP2640.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Right tupperwear had knife, lighter, AAA batteries for SPOT, earplugs (gonna have to loose some earplugs to save some weight).

IMGP2641.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Here is my left Wolfman, all clothe are synthetic or merlino wool for easy cleaning and fast drying. Couple pair of shorts, one pair of pants with zip off legs, 3 short sleeve shirts, long under armor (pants and shirt) for cold days, 5 pair of socks, water shoes/sandels, couple of small toiletry bags.

IMGP2642.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

and this is all I really used and needed. Rinsed clothes every night or every other night. Could go with a smaller/flatter/lighter pair of shoes.

IMGP2643.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

The right Wolfman held my toolbag (spare tube was on front fender in pouch), water filter kit, firstaid kit, sleeping bag liner, cook kit, some coffee and energy bars, and a ziplock with spare Wolfman buckles, memory card, and a little rope.

IMGP2645.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

and here is what I could have gotten by with. Didn't use any of these things but I will always carry tools and parts, water filter, firstaid kit.

IMGP2644.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

I will use this post to help me remember what to pack next time! But everything I need for a 2 week trip (actually perpetual trip) would fit in one Wolfman bag with room to spare. So with all that extra room why not through in a few luxury items, as long as they are light weight! and plenty of room for camping gear if your aren't hotelling it.
Chabón - F650 Funduro - WR250X
chabon is offline   Reply With Quote