Thread: TT350 Not XT350
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #165
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted farkas View Post
No worries let us know how you go - good headlight and an oil cooler and i,d be happy
I can't speak for other operators of the long production life TT350 however my experience with the low km unit I have suggests it will provide a tough economical dual sport platform.

I've massaged the cylinder head porting, raised the compression, rebuilt the inlet manifolds, realigned the inlet tract, deleted airbox for oiled foam air filters, dialed the cams to absolute std valve timing after adjusting shims to mid tolerances (calibrated feeler gauges), adapted the auto cam chain tensioner to a manually adjusted unit, installed twin oil coolers, deleted the rubber blocks between cylinder head / barrel cooling fins for improved cooling airflow.

The rear shock has been rebuilt, front suspension drained and re-oiled with 5w oil, new chain and sprockets, seat re-covered.

There is undoubtedly a significant amount of additional power available from this engine if you're prepared to look for it.

I'm not convinced that going over to the complexity, cost and vulnerability of on-board computers for suspension adjustment, fuel management and braking plus an additional 80kg - 100kg vehicle mass is where I need to go (Triumph 800XC or KTM 990 Adventure)

I've cleaned up the engine, added major oil cooling and am in the process of installing 80 watts of LED lighting plus a 12 litre fuel bladder ..... have I missed something

Lenz1 screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 05:01 AM
Lenz1 is offline   Reply With Quote