View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
camitzi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Columbian KTM riding club

Vasile has met some KTM riders in Medellin and they promised him to take him onto some really nice rough roads. So while I was chilling in Medellin, Vasile went for a ride with his new friends. The ride report below is edited by him.

I was bleeding my rear brake just outside of Shamrock Irish Pub when Frederico, the owner of KTM dealership, showed up. We started talking about KTMs, obviously, and he recommended me some off-road rides around Medellin. He was busy for the week-end, so he called a friend of his, Carlos Alejandro, to take me for a tour.

The next day at 8:30 I met Carlos Alejandro outside with his KTM 990 Adventure and we went to a gas station to fuel up and here we met Felix with his KTM 950 Super Enduro (both their bikes were very clean and in show room condition).

IMG_3457

We started the ride south though winding roads, passing everyone again and having too much fun.

After 30 minutes' ride we stopped for breakfast and I asked Felix if he likes his motorcycle. He answered "Yes" but didn't seem to be very convinced. Then he pulled up his shirt and he showed me his KTM 950 SE tattoo on his chest. I guess if people are not as excited as me that doesn't mean they don't love something.

IMG_3454

Shortly after breakfast we hit the gravel road descending into a canyon, through the canyon and then up on the mountains.

IMG_3464 IMG_3468 IMG_3473 IMG_3486 IMG_3488 IMG_3489 IMG_3490 IMG_3493 IMG_3495 IMG_3501

On top of the mountain we got to Montebello. This is a very beautiful village with incredibly friendly people and as it was Sunday everybody was outside on the main street. We parked our bikes and next thing we knew a group of friendly people surrounded us. They offered us drinks, we chatted and we took pictures together.IMG_3505 IMG_3512 IMG_3514 IMG_3516 IMG_3517 IMG_3519 IMG_3523 IMG_3524

We were riding through pristine landscapes with a big smile on my face when I noticed that my front tire was acting funny. I stopped my bike and realized that once again I had a flat tire. I was working on my tire and I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone who was passing by, including kids, stopping and offering to help.

I took the tube out, found two holes in it, fixed them and when I put it back in I pinched it again. So I had to take it out again and fix it. The whole process took about 40-50 minutes.

IMG_3531 IMG_3532 IMG_3533 IMG_3534 IMG_3540

At the end of the ride the guys took me to a restaurant where we had some local empanadas and arepas, which were delicious.

Ever since we came off the boat I had a good feeling about Columbia, but this day was something that I will never forget. I love this country and its people. Thank you so much Carlos and Felix for a great ride and great company!
camitzi is offline   Reply With Quote