So, I just couldn't wait 2 weeks on another part. It's just a peice of tubing, right? May as well fab something up.
Here's why I'm replacing it:
The old tube appears to be copper and is completely worn through. I'm sure that's what caused my cable to start fraying.
So, I found a piece of thickwalled 5/8" stainless tubing:
Grabbed my handy dandy tube bender:
And put in a radius:
Then, I threaded the end to match the cable end and put her together:
And, on the bike:
The throttle is now silky smooth, and no feeling of anything dragging. That last picture makes it look like the tube is bent a bit too much. I didn't notice that on the bike - only looking at the picture.
I'll have to take a close look at it before I put the tank on. But, I've got plenty of tubing. If I have to build a new one, it's no big deal.
So, I took a $5 piece of tubing and about 30 minutes and saved myself $30 and a two week wait.
I also got the new tire on the wheel and the wheel back on the bike. With any luck, I'll be driving this bad boy this weekend.