View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #50
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Thanks!

It's my wife's grandpa's 55. At one time in the 90s it was the most awarded '55 in existence for closeness to original. It is nicer than stock, meaning many things are actually too perfect. Yes, they actually deducted points at some shows for that.

It had been sitting in the showroom of the shop for over 15 years prior to our wedding. My wife wanted to ride off in it, so they got it out. They spent 2 weeks getting it running correctly (had to put new pushrods in and rebuild the carb) and actually never got the brakes 100%. We rode off and took it around the block, then used it for pictures. Thankfully the brakes worked fine, but I was on pins and needles as we pulled up to the stoplight around the corner with my hand on the emergency brake. Good times.
A good excuse not to get rices thrown at you both? At my parents' wedding my cousin filled my dad's 66 296 impala with rice all the way up to top of seat and packed the exterior vent with goldfish. It took forever for my parents to get as much of rices out as possible and it did not help the crowd was throwing rices at them too. Eventually the car reek of fish it took a while to disappear.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote