Thread: KLRsys build
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #129
KLRsys OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideDualSport.com View Post
Your work is incredible, and it was great meeting you at the Roll The Bones extravaganza.
Your new-generation version is one of the best bike builds I have ever seen... very exciting indeed!
If I had such a bike, I would ride it the 1000 miles round trip to RDS World Heaquarters, from Austin, where I could then explore the dirt.
But alas, I will be on a road bike because my time is more limited and I need to cruise at at least 80 mph.
I have ridden my 08 KLR from Moab Utah to Austin TX, but the motor strained and I had to check my oil often.
I have considered replacing my KLR with a Transalp - but that is more bike than I want to ride in the dirt.

Congratulations on your project!
Thanks Patrice. That means a lot coming from you. I've read about your history in motorcycling, an envious history it is.
You obviously understand exactly why I built these two bikes, to do trips just as you describe, and it does it extremely well. You'll have to try the new one next time we cross paths, you won't look at your 08 the same anymore. I think you need one.

Fritz

KLRsys screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 12:41 PM
KLRsys is offline   Reply With Quote