View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #89
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
It is reliable in the extreme. In 25,000 miles, the only issue I had was the top exhaust bolt broke. Bad design. In looking at it, it was probably not originally designed that way, Yamaha likely changed the design when they added EPA emissions crap to it, without realizing how that change affected it's structural integrity. I removed the emissions crap, and modified the design. My repair has held up for over 20,000 miles..
I ended up replacing the broken stock exhaust with an NCY, and I have another Vino in the shop where someone tried to reweld the exhaust, didn't align it right, and then decided to bolt it up anyway, breaking off an exhaust stud in the head and another in the case, and then broke off an eazyout in the head. He rode it like that for months until the original belt finally broke, because if it's running, it doesn't need any service.