View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL "FLYING CANUCK" View Post
Thanks much, this is what I was looking for!!!

I had almost the same route drafted but I like the road that you are proposing thru the Breaverhead-Dearlodge National Forest!!!

My next plan was to ride the Lolo Trail if open around the 21 June (if the wheather allows.....) and ride towards Kalispell possibly via the N Fork Clearwater Rd......

No plans right now for Elk City due to time but could be a backup option if possible.

Any roads that you can propose are more than welcome.....

I will probably get my rear tire replaced and oil changed at Al's Cycle in Hamilton....

Cheers

Been on the Lolo several times. My back door. Live just north of Hamilton. In fact may be in that general area on bikes the week you go thru (June 21). The Google route I linked is somewhat based on our Best of Montana 1000 last year. We are going back again this year (August). May be nip&tuck on the Lolo Motorway being open by June 21. I can link a route from Lochsa Lodge on US 12 up through to I90 on the way to Kalispell if you like. Can put you on dirt starting just a few miles out of Lolo.

What is your gas distance limit? Hebgen through the Gravellies (Black Butte, Monument etc.) is a long haul. Gas is available at Alder north of the Ruby Res. Could put you on more dirt from Dillon to Hamilton, but the route in the link is probably one of the finest back country paved stretches you will ever find. Very little traffic, great mc roads.

Ron
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote