View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #28
AL "FLYING CANUCK" OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
Been on the Lolo several times. My back door. Live just north of Hamilton. In fact may be in that general area on bikes the week you go thru (June 21). The Google route I linked is somewhat based on our Best of Montana 1000 last year. We are going back again this year (August). May be nip&tuck on the Lolo Motorway being open by June 21. I can link a route from Lochsa Lodge on US 12 up through to I90 on the way to Kalispell if you like. Can put you on dirt starting just a few miles out of Lolo.

What is your gas distance limit? Hebgen through the Gravellies (Black Butte, Monument etc.) is a long haul. Gas is available at Alder north of the Ruby Res. Could put you on more dirt from Dillon to Hamilton, but the route in the link is probably one of the finest back country paved stretches you will ever find. Very little traffic, great mc roads.

Ron
Good stuff in your "Best of Montana 1000"!!!!

My plan is to ride from Hamilton to Kalispell on the 21 June, and on to Crowsnest Pass in Canada on the 22 June via Glacier Park. I need to be in Calgary to pick up my wife at the airport on the afternoon of the 23 June and we will ride the Canadian Rockies for a couple of weeks...this ph2 of the trip will be also a lot of fun!!

I really like the idea of you linking/suggesting a route from Hamilton to Kalispell via average dirt/forestry roads including from Hwy 12 to I90...!

My ST has a safe range of approximately 220-230 miles...

What you have suggested so far is perfect, a nice combination of scenic paved and dirt roads ... keeping in mind that I will have been on the road for a week from Ottawa with a few thounsand miles under the belt....

Thanks for your help in making my journey even more interesting !!!!

"30 YEARS OF RIDING IN A FEW MINUTES"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYNkbdDF7mE
AL "FLYING CANUCK" is offline   Reply With Quote