View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #88
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Guys and dolls,

I enjoyed coordinating the dinner on thursday. I tried to keep it cheap, more $$ for stewards of the Sequoias. I had tons of help. Many people stepped up to make it all happen. From talking to Joel, it looks like we made $800 for the SOS . I did not realize how much work was involved. I crashed early Thursday and slept like a baby. Would I do it again? Only if I was not riding.

Joel, note for next years dinner.........very few people ate salad. No more than two bags of salad. More burgers and a second pot for the chili.

hi bob, your participation didn't end in vain. you may not be able to ride, but you were all over the campground. great job in leading the thursday night SOS fund raiser.

YES FOLKS...WE RAISED $800 (AS COMPARED TO $300 LAST YEAR) FOR SOS.

WE NEED TO KEEP ON SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS THAT FIGHT FOR OUR CAUSE REGARDLESS WE RIDE IN THE SEQUOIAS. HAVING THE PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS WORKING HARD TO KEEP THE TRAILS OPEN IS WHAT MATTERS.

likewise, we will also be sending $ to CORVA and BRC. i'm sure there will be $ left for RIDER DOWN FOUNDATION

another way we could help our cause is subsribed to ADV MOTO MAGAZINE. they are dedicated to the adventure riding community. they can be our voice; they provide us inspirations and keep us informed.

least we could do is to continue to remain active throughout the year.

thanks for all the support and help you guys and ladies provided.

joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote