View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #2750
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,346
how much to move rim over 10mm for proper alignment???

ok real bigman,,my answers/comments in bold/yello

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Woody ,

These are the exact numbers I come up with , not exactly the same manner , but nevertheless , the same answere . 4.5mm

...there are ''hundreds of ways to Rome,,there are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground''

I even mentioned this number to the builder before I sent thim and he said no problem.
,,,,there are some slow learners ut there!

I have a few sets of this setup and sent pics with a straight edge clamped underneath each rotor sticking out to edge of hoop showing where the hub should be located and sent pics of the 1 that's not correct to compare and he still cant get it .
,,,,like i just said,,,there are some....

Chain , with this number there is no chain rub with a 150 , I would imagine if ya wanted to squeeze a 160 in you could prolly cheat the offset over 10-12 mm if the spoke drill on the rim would allow that .
,,,,FYI,,,if ya move it over too far we may need to shorte the spokes on the side beinf moved to and lengthen the opposite side...it may also need to have the holes re-angled and countersunk....
Now ,
How much to move my hub over 10mm , which is what its currently out .

1,,,,circa $50-60 to move over and retrue. if you are lucky [ we'll know as soon as we see it and tell ya what needs to be done.
2,,,an extra spoke kit if yours runout of thread
3,,,an unlace n re-lace/rim re-bore

woody

....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote