View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #324
Motomochila
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
The 690 will track SO MUCH BETTER!!!!
It will not deflect off stuff ,It pluws thru it.
I happen to own both bikes. The 690, new in 2009, goes everywhere I point it flawlessly except for the really rough stuff or four foot rollers in Baja...but that more my fault than the bike. With the Rally raid tanks installed she is a heavy one on the front with full tanks. how those blokes rode her in the Dakar is a mystery to me. After riding a section of the Baja course out of catavena in March I decided the 690 was not the bike for me on this type of ride so I bought a new in the box '08 450 EXC. ( the price was too good not to pass on the carb model). The only tracking issue was easily solved by setting up the suspension correctly to handle off road race speeds instead of a more motocross type suspension setup that comes with the bike out of the box. Now I have both. Now, can someone just ride my other bike until I decide the trail is best for the 690 ..or the 450? Decisions, decisions, decisions. Next Rally set up on that one too, but now 100 pounds lighter.