View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #95
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
I have been to the D2D twice now. Last year they got over 300 adventure touring type riders show up from all around the world. It's quite the thing to see that many adventure bikes in one spot, let alone in Dawson City! As you say, on the ride up to and also going home from, you rarely see another bike! I have done the Dempster twice now also and the same thing, maybe one or two slide by but where do all of these 300 vanish off to and appear from all of a sudden is a pure mystery to me! The Road of Bones must be even more remote as I'm sure it is for adventure tourers riding it. With all the bikes doing this sort of riding you would think that at some point you would run into more than you actually do. Maybe most of them perfer the tarmac and go to the more common scenic places etc...? But the world is a big place and the year has many day in it, so the odds aren't in our favor now are they?

I find your way of describing your adventure great being from England I can relate to you comedic side and also your vocabulary as some may not quite get it. But for me it brings back some of the good old days. Cheers.