View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
KTMayhem OP
Headhunter

Oddometer: 7
The Nowhere To Go and All Day To Get There Tour aka The Blame It On Ellwood Tour

Hello everyone, I'm Steve

This is Judy

We left Monday from Lancaster County Pennsylvania for the Beagle Channel. I've been lurnin' not just lurkin' for quite a while on this site. I would like to tell the orange crush members that I was going to take this tour several years back on my KTM 950 but then I was introduced to Judy and after we realized this was going to last I invited her along. As anyone knows passenger comfort is everything or you ain't gettin' anything, so we are taking the Harley. I just needed to give her time to get her affairs in order. We plan to travel slow and steady for one to two years so stay tuned. Hopefully I can get this blogging and photo act down. So let's see if I was paying attention.

Starting Mileage First sticker on the bike ADV Dakar

We finally got on the road around 10 or 11 Monday April 1st. We rolled across the Eastern Shore of Maryland through Delaware to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Rather than heading straight for Fayetteville we were sidetracked on day two and went to the Outer Banks instead. We are currently in Fayetteville riding out stormy weather and visiting family. Sites up to this point

We met Andre on the ferry from Hatteras to Okracoke. He is a German born architect living in New York City for the past twelve years. He is on a three month tour of the back roads of the United States riding a Harley Davidson VRod. His plan is NYC to Key West then San Francisco and back to NYC That's the short version. Here we're parked on the ferry.

This is Judy with Andre

That catches us up to this point Hopefully everything will post properly. Thank you all for your time and interest. Steve and Judy. KTMayhem
KTMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote