View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #310
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,128
Stay away!

Beware of this business, a home business (according to Google Streets, using the address from the RotopaX website) in Bountiful, Utah. I've been struggling with them, dba Great Outdoor Products LLC -- for three days.

They didn't confirm my order on their website, but sure did take my PayPal payment darned quick!

And as I've tried for three days now to cancel the order and get a refund, the person who answered (apparently on some distant speaker phone) made continual excuses day after day about "our server being down."

I sent messages to every email address they provide ("Jason" among them); no response.

I left phone messages (per their recorded instructions); again, no response.

I was told one morning to call in the afternoon. In the afternoon, I was told to call the next morning; in the morning I was told to call back in the afternoon, then to call the next day ... I did, and now no answer! And this has been going on for three days.

Then this afternoon I get an email ... stating that my order has shipped! This after multiple contacts over three days telling them to cancel.

Maybe someone's had good experience with this business, but I'm not among them. I ended up buying what I needed for my KLR from CBI Offroad in Idaho Falls ... for less than Great Outdoor Products, even tho I used their alleged ADV discount!

So now it looks like there will be a 1.75 gal. with locking mount in the flea market soon ... NIB. My loss.

byways screwed with this post 04-05-2013 at 04:47 PM
byways is online now   Reply With Quote