PaperBoy OP
Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer: 343
Stocker & TT Dual about the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun View Post
Paper boy,
thanks for all of that! Questions Please:

How does only the TT stock 2 light set up compare to the single OEM light? high...low?

Did you try HID in the original OEM light housing?
The TT w/ two halogen bulbs didn't seem to be any better than the stock set up before I installed the relay harness which gets its power from the battery in a more direct manner. Some people like the stock set up better than the dual TT set up. Others say they like the TT better. I found them both lacking when it came to riding at night, especially during times when wildlife is more likely to be on the road. I really needed to see better while my light was on low beam.

I didn't try the HID in the original housing. I bought a kit, but never installed it. I don't believe the stock headlight housing was designed to use HID and I thought I'd try this first. Some people swear by the HID conversion in their stock headlight shell. I think a relay harness powering the stocker would make a big difference in light output too.

There have been different TT dual headlight set ups for the R11GS sold over the years,not all are metal and glass according to what I've read. Some have projectors and some are HID direct from Touratech and they are very expensive new in my book and I'm glad I tried this first. TT only seems to list a couple of options now days.

To be seen better by cagers I have Motolights with amber bulbs mounted on my brake calipers. These make a nice triangle and the amber bulbs really seem to grab cager's attention. Might actually cut fog too, but haven't tried them in fog yet.

Lonestar seems very happy with his Wunderlich Dual Headlight set up and has a good post on here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715933
BMWMOA #142415
Valley BMW Riders member "Bigfoot"

PaperBoy screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 10:46 AM
PaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote