View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #97
Ratchdaddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Another bike for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Don't wish to 'jack the thread, but the Tiger is 25lbs heavier with 50% more power and suspension travel. With the 21" front there's really no comparison. I put about 8K on my Versys, was a neat little bike, but the Tiger is substantially more bike. It's still my road bike though, wouldn't think of riding it to Osborne.

The Terra is 40lbs heavier than myTE630, with 2" less suspension travel on each end. It's a nice bike, but not nearly a real offroader. Ken (blaisew) from Houston had both at the rally. As capable as the TE is, it's still no comparison to a 450/525 size KTM/Husky, etc. If you're keeping the 'strom, consider a plated dirtbike - a real one.
I'm in the same place with my F800GS. It made it up Chloride Cliffs but in the back of my mind I had to consider how I was going to get to work when I broke my commuter. I think next year I may show up on a DRZ400 and that will also open up some other areas for me to ride. Put my street tires back on the F800 today and went to play in my sandy yard. I sure can notice the difference.
1977 Condor
1987 Honda Battle Spree
Ratchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote