View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #99
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Not a real RR .......

This is my first trip to the nOOb rally and came away with fond memories. Many thanks to Joel and the many peeps that made this an awesome event

On the road around 9AM Thursday... The ride up is uneventful.

Lonely Highway pic..

Entering DV

Thursday fund raising dinner was great.. kudos to Bob.

Friday.
There are a few peeps signed up for the this ride but for some reason I am the only one left ... Joel was kind enough to lead me out anyway, John joint us for the ride.

Joel gave me some word of advise and we are on our way to Ballarat.... I was slow and fighting the memories of my last spill. I eventually ease up a bit and 'cruise' at a mediocre speed

Saw this on the way

At Ballarat

Charcoal Kilns. These structures withstood the test of time and in great condition.

Casa Joel

Stop by Eureka Mine on the way to Aguereberry Point

Target rich environment

What a beautiful place

me..me..me..

I don't have any pictures of Skiddoo. I climbed a hill there that I shouldn't have, coming down was CRAZY !!! Disappointed Joel... I knew he had his camera ready

Thanks Joel and John for staying with me and showing me the way. Can you post up some of my 'action' shots?

Saturday.
Rich's ride to Chloride Cliff and Titus Canyon. I would have bailed if not for the word of encouragement from Rob, Ersin and John. Thanks.

Chloride Cliff trail head

Should have stay (for my riding skill ), but I rode that path on the left anyway

and was rewarded with this incredible view

On the way out to Beatty, rider had a flat. I stopped and took some pictures and was rewarded for lunch. Good deal. Thanks JonF.

The group was pressing for time and I don't want to slow the group down so I suggested that I slap it back to camp with Ersin. The ever helpful John offer to take me through Titus ahead of the group.

I took a picture of him...

...he took one for me

And we are done

headstaller screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 10:33 PM
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote