View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
PaperBoy OP
Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by krellheat View Post
TT revamp kit.
Like the look, especially the big lenses that fill the rectangular space under the screen. Mine are nearly as large and fill most of the original area. I'm not as big a fan of the two small headlight lenses that some TT dual headlight systems have. They kind of look like something that is more homemade.

Not that homemade is necessarily bad, I've seen some great retrofits of twin headlights from something like a Honda. I hear a lot about Twin Headlight Ernie, an inmate here.
http://twinheadlighternie.smugmug.co...733093&k=UjDGU

Lonestar posted a diagram with dimensions of the Wunderlich aluminum plate that that systems dual headlights are mounted into. Someone could take this, make a plate and perhaps add their won reflectors and bulbs.

I had thought about trying my hand at using a round Honda headlight that included both high and low beams (two separate bulbs in one reflector). This one wasn't sealed beam so you could replace bulbs. I can't remember what bike/s they were off - I had all that info saved, but must have purged it from my computer because I can't locate it now. A well incorporated single old-school round headlight, with replaceable halogens would look cool too. I was thinking something sort of like this, but with the beak and original forks:

BMWMOA #142415
Valley BMW Riders member "Bigfoot"

PaperBoy screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 11:20 AM
PaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote