View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #290
Matt 82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Video.

So I tested my Drift HD last night. Just a quick run round some back roads I haven't been on for ages. Sound is quiet because it's nothing but wind blast but I think the picture has come out great. Mounting the camera was quite awkward as the helmet is quite angular. I need to aim it slightly more to the left but other than that I'm happy with it. I have a mic so in future I can either slaver nonsense into that or tuck it somewhere under the fairing to get some V-Twin goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader54 View Post
A fine ride report, that one, Matt! Thanks so much! I'm sure that it must take almost as long as the ride itself to put together such a report, so you're forgiven (by me, at least) in advance if there are times in the future when your reports are a bit thinner. No worries, just thanks for letting us ride with you. I remember driving past the castle while on an auto-driving holiday a few years ago -- how much more brilliant it must be to do it on the bike! Do keep a sharp eye out for deer in or approaching the road -- one of our US inmates was killed hitting one on his bike. Perhaps the lairds need to get out and do a bit more stalking!!
Well they're talking about a cull but think that may be England only. Tbh other than paying attention there's not really that much that can be done. The luck of the draw really isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakbiker View Post
Suppose having your camera on a strap could be a problem
As for being a squeeze in the panniers, you may find that honda did larger lids for your model, im sure they do on the later one and do for the pan euro as well.
keep it coming
Yeah there are larger panniers out there. I think they're quite rare though. I remember looking into it when I bought it. I think they'll probably be fine as they are. I can always get a top box if I'm struggling for space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Interesting. I had already got my Bonneville when the deauville appeared by surprise for a couple of years in the US, so I missed the shaft drive weather protection and built in luggage!

I look forward to seeing Scotland in summer and finding out more about your bike. This is a great thread.
Thanks man. It's good for me too as it works a bit like a diary.

I'd love a Bonneville. Maybe not as practical as the Deauville but that's hardly the point. Lovely bikes.

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote