View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #47
fredgilb OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
What is the longest stage, in miles, or the longest distance between fuel stops? I would not be in the race to win, finish would be nice, placing in the top 50 would make me a World Champ. in my eyes at least. I am thinking a Husky SM610 I have would be a fair entrant. They get about 40 MPG.
You'd do well with a Husky. How many gallons does it hold? The fuel thing can get a little tricky. Firstly you really want to arrange to have a credit or cash card with an embedded chip. The usual USA cards don't work. It's no fun waiting around for someone to show up so you can give them some cash in exchange for using their card. I learned you have to study the road book to see where the gas stops are ahead of time because sometimes the "official" gas stops are just too far apart. I made the mistake of thinking "oh well, I'm sure they'll be gas inside 100 km". Wrong. There might be but not on any of the tiny back roads we're on! It all just takes a little planning, but the Husky would work fine. The longest day is 550 km. or 340 mi. Also, Michelin tires this year, not Metzler . Did you see the guy on the Husky in the video? Wish my S4 could slide like that!

fredgilb screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 10:44 PM
fredgilb is offline   Reply With Quote