View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #664
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
I don't know what got you all interested in this crazy sport, but inspired by shared stories like this I've now decided to attempt my first rally later this year, no desert stuff for me just yet (find the idea of dunes quite intimidating to be honest) but enough to get a taste for the sport and push my limits on the motorcycle...
Hi Bastimentos - that is great news! - and I think it shows how important web-based forums are (or at least can be) in inspiring others and sharing information that helps us do something similar in the future!

Certainly I consider ADVrider and excellent resource in that regard - not only as a great place to recount trips and share stories, but there is a wealth of more practical information here that means you are able to short-cut a lot of research (and not least learn from other's mistakes!) - whether it is in route/trip/event planning, finding suppliers of certain products or services, through bike preparation and which kit will suit your particular circumstances...

Just don't ask which tyres are best!

Rock on!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote