Thread: XR650R Thread!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #16775
ride4fun562
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Since everyone is talking about clutches I may as well address a problem im having, don't kill me its been addressed before. So when i have my bike off in first gear if i pull in the clutch it wont roll without resistance from the engine(clutch wont wont fully disengage*thanks larryboy). Turn the bike on and heat it up and it gets much better and i can roll around on my tippy toes with the clutch pulled in, in gear, still a small amount of resistance though. I know that a little bit of this may be normal due to oil sticking the plates together, but i feel thats it has gotten worse since i got the bike. Sooooooo my question is what is the worn component that may be contributing to causing this, basket, springs, plates, or a combination? Thanks for your help in advance. P.S. I really dont think its the adjustment ive adjusted it to about every positon it can be, and sorry for the lack of being able to think for myself, i'd say its probably the springs and plates but id rather hear it from you guys

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 11:04 AM
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote