View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #118
rider914
Agnostic Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,372
Time to get moving and Cindy asked if there might be an easier way back... Something that allows a little less standing.
Well, North Pass is easier, but that way will turn this ~140 mile day into a ~240 mile day.
We should still make it back to camp by dinner / raffle time.
OK, let's go!

Sweet adventure rig

Heading back towards the main road at the foot of the Inyo Mtns.

The looooong straight climb towards North Pass.

Over the pass and finally some 'seat' time.

Death Valley Road towards the Sierras and Big Pine.

We rolled south on Hwy395 for just a short bit, then caught Tinemaha Road and the old highway through Aberdeen.

We stopped in Independence for fuel and an ice cream break. Cindy's 250 runs a slightly slower pace on the highway than my 950, so I waved her on ahead while I made some calls home (no cell at PSR). Thought for sure I would catch up in short order, but an LEO going 65mph all the way to Lone Pine slowed my down a bit. Hit Hwy136 and dropped the hammer past Keeler and into the hills on Hwy190, but still no Cindy

Finally caught up just before Father Crowley Point I think she was holding back earlier

Long days always bring out my reliable riding buddy. I've started calling him Bob (RIP )

Made it back to camp a few minutes shy of 7pm, just in time for dinner and then get settled in for the raffle.

More later...

-M
Will herd cats for beer (... but I rescue puppies for free )
SmugMug (coupon: bLfv2vBXZicd6)
rider914 is offline   Reply With Quote