View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #915
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,158
Thanks Kenny! I feel it was a personal triumph today which is a very cool thing.

Lets talk bikes...
In the last 6 or so years I have ridden/raced a KTM 525,250f,144,150. Honda CRF 450 (2) 250f's, RMZ 250f, Kawasaki 250f KX250, And now a 2011 YZ 125 which I have had for 2+ years now. ( a record for me)

I have been thinking about getting another 250f or maybe a 250 2 stroke but then I ride that YZ and it is just the most amazing bike I have ever been on, it is light,it has the best (it's still stock) suspension of any bike I have ever ridden, steers inside or outside whichever you want, braking bumps I don't feel them(ALL my KTM's sucked here even after revalves), headshake is non existent. So it's only a 125 and down on power?

One of the 18 year old kids we ride with rides a KX 450 which is always a HP bike, we just happen to go through the section that is in the picture above and hit the table at the same time and dragged race over the next set of whoops, uphill table and the straightaway after that and I have to say he maybe got a bike length on me by the end but I out braked him at the end so we were even.

I have 65 HRS on my YZ and have done 2 pistons and rings(about $100 each) 1 set of chain and sprockets, I had the oil changed in fork and shocks, 4 sets of tires and probably 6 sets of grips (I'm tough on grips)

I love my YZ and for now will not switch!

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote