View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #108
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,563
Quote:
Abu Dhabi Challenge 2013: Helder Rodrigues hit by Jeremiah Israel

Posted by Carlos Pereira Photos , All Terrain , videos Apr 8, 2013

The sport participation of Helder Rodrigues was today seriously compromised in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, the opening race of the World Championship All-Terrain, when Honda CRF 450 Rally official Portuguese driver was involved in a collision, off a dune by Jeremiah bike Chilean Israel.

" I came to the refueling zone at the head of a group of three riders. Right behind me came the Jeremiah [Israel] and [Joan] Barreda. Pulled for the second part of the course after Jeremiah warned the [Israel] that was rolling too close to the back of my bike, which was quite dangerous. Around km 160, a jump in a very large dune made ​​at the reception and the bike fell tombasse aside. Nothing complicated, but as Jeremiah [Israel] was right behind landed on my motorbike which was badly damaged , "he said the driver of the Honda, Red Bull and TMN.

" He had to be evacuated to the hospital heli and I kept ending up with the bike for him not to wait in the desert. Let's try to repair the bike to make the remaining trial days where I will try to do good results, as it was in this race in order to win. This is a type of accident that should not happen and thankfully it was not as bad as it could have been any one of us , "added the pilot.

Note that when Helder Rodrigues took the motorbike of Israel Jeremiah found that the roadbook was at km138, which means that the youngster Chilean vineyard just below the Portuguese driver, without looking at the roodbook.
However, to emphasize victory in step-mate Helder Rodrigues Honda Team, Sam Sunderland.
Looks like Israel glued himself to Helder's back wheel instead of bothering to navigate himself and Helder was not liking that. The hazards with which the aliens need to deal....

I see two very interesting points, first that Israel's roadbook was a good 25-30 km behind meaning he gave up trying to navigate or it broke so he had no choice, and second that Helder talks about the remaining stages. I need to dig into the FIM regulations for completing the stage/swapping bikes etc... I assumed it was forbidden, but I am also assuming Dakar rules.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote