View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #15
NGA OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvarmitcong View Post
...you went when you did! Last week the area had 7+ inches of snow.

Great pics and nice write up. Looks like traffic was low, since you were able to stop on the viaduct. Great pic of table rock and hawks bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Looks like a fun ride. I love that area. I would guess that you didn't have much traffic on the BRP. How were the temperatures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
You stopped on the Viaduct and lived to tell about it! We tried that and the Rangers were on us like hawks on a field mouse.

If anyone is heading down the BRP...and passes through Pineola, NC...I can't recommend Christa's Country Corner highly enough. Stop in and get a sandwich on the yeast roll. Don't forget to eat dessert.

ac

Yes, the Parkway traffic was about dead. There were a few cars, but not much. Also, there were two rangers watching for speeders, but they seemed bored. Yeah, I stopped on the viaduct despite the signs and only one car passed me - he was headed in the opposite direction. The temps were not bad. I'd guess low 40s in the mornings and up to mid-50s or so in the afternoons. Thanks for the tip on Christa's. I'll look for that next time.
NGA is offline   Reply With Quote