View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #148
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenaroo View Post
the Project that will not Die

I have been contacted by no less than 10 people this year inquiring about this fairing project.

I'm open to making more units but need to make new molds.. this takes time and money.. I put a pencil to this and figure I'd need to make 5 or more fairings to break even

So here is my offer...

If someone wants to put a group buy together with a minimum of 5 pre orders with 50% deposits.. I'll do another run of fairings. this will give me the capital to acquire the needed materials.

I will also need everyone to send me their head lamps.. or agree to use another headlamp like the new LEDs or maybe the trail tech X2. but they need to be all the same. in that case I'll need at least one unit for R&D/design

work would have to be done in Jan/Feb as that's my slow time with my business. if it gets any later than that in the year.. I will not have much time to work on them. thus delaying delivery. I can have them done in 6 weeks from deposits.

so rally the troops and lets make some fairings! but it's up to you XR650R nuts to make it happen..

Good luck and I look forward to working with you.

Best regards
Ken
Was there a verdict here? I am in and have a donor bike in Austin

2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure FOR SALE
'05 Honda XR650R (on the block next)
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote