View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #242
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rPaul View Post
Late to the thread here but... Rossi's charge was legendary stuff. To all the naysayers believing he was washed up...hardy har har. When he was about 3 seconds or so behind the gang of three you could see predator out for the kill. Absolutely joyful race to watch.
That race reminded me of Rossi's first couple of seasons on the 500. I don't remember specific races, but it seemed to be a regular occurrence for VR to come from somewhere way in the back and challenge for the win. It's great to see that he still has that, and it's great to see that MM has it too. Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fantastic riders, but really don't bring that "edge of your seat" spectating excitement for me very often. I'm hopeful that either VR or MM can do battle with Lorenzo like Rossi did a few years back.

Jorge Lorenzo was just about perfect yesterday. I'm really curious to see what happens when (if?) MM, VR or even CC start providing pressure. The Dani/Jorge battles somehow just lack excitement... almost too perfect maybe?
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote