View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #679
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Range day. My ammoes are running a bit on the thin side, when is this insanity going to let up?

Nice stock on the 10/22. I have been looking at ordering that one for mine. If I do, I want to add a tactical rail to it on the bottom. The only thing that I am waiting for, is that some websites show a picture with a different butt. Looks kinda like a Magpul. I would rather wait for it. I also heard that they have changed/are changing the compound in the plastic to make it less prone to flex in the heat, a problem that many have written about in reviews.

I scored a 500 rd case of Wolf .223 today for $165 shipped. Last time I bought a case was in 2009 from Cabela's and it cost me $185 or so. I figured this was a good deal and grabbed it up. I know some don't like wolf, but I have had good experience with it. There are some videos out there that dispel rumors and show what to look for to see if the rifle is not taking to it so well. My Mini-14 has never had trouble with the stuff. When I first bought the rifle there were some teething issues. Couple thousand rounds later, the rifle seems to be working just fine.

I have yet to pay inflated prices for ammo since the scare began. You just have to be patient, and in my case today have very very good timing.