View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #492
csustewy
Motojero

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post
GSAdventurer,

have you been to Serra do Rio do Rastro in Santa Catarina state? It is the best ride I've had!
When exactly you are planning to leave?
My wife and I are leaving Foz do Iguacu today, headed to Serra Rio do Rastro. With a recommendation like that, we can't miss it! Will try to share a picture soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post
Dean,

I've never heard of anyone crossing from Brazil to Columbia. There is a town in Amazonas named Tabatinga that borders Letícia city in Colômbia. You can get to Tabatinga by boat. I have no idea how to leave Leticia, however.

Have you thought about crossing to Guyana? Crashmaster did it back in 2011. Check this post.

Just my two cents.

Abraços,
Linhares
We also went from Manaus (okay, well, Boa Vista...to be connected fully in mid-2012...) to Guyana in late 2011, and the road from Lethem to Georgetown was a definite highlight (LINK HERE), right up there with the Transamazonica and BR-319 (LINK HERE). The first post of our Ride Report (see signature) has an index with links to by country.

I agree with your thoughts - other than a boat (or plane) I don't know of a way out of Leticia. If someone finds it, post up!

csustewy screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 02:37 PM Reason: added links
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote