View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #1926
jdrocks OP
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokesman View Post
03-04 636 triples approx 8.32 c/c
ok, checked the dimension of the Versys triples, and found 210mm. i suggest that the 8.32" is really 210mm for the 636 also, since these metric motos rarely have an odd number dimension. as mentioned, the OEM DRZ triples are 20mm narrower, making them 190mm, c/c. would certainly work with a narrow hub spoke wheel, DRZ or other, but not well with the DL cast wheel.

there is a ton of threads on the 636 fork conversion on the EX650/ER6/650R, with most of the discussion about wheels/bearings/brakes/fender/bodywork. the triples bolt right up to the ER6 series, and would on the Versys framed bikes also since they share the same steering head. some of the 636 triples apparently do not have steering stops on the lower clamp, so stops are tigged in place, easy.

i don't have a set of 636 triples, but i doubt it would be a big deal to work out the placement of a set of bar risers, or you can actually buy an aftermarket 636 top clamp set up for MX bars, or possibly fit the Z1000 top clamp. plenty of reading on the subject, it all seems pretty easy stuff.

jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote