View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #434
dave6253 OP
The Tourist

Oddometer: 3,023
y0y02369, For video editing I used the Windows Live Movie Maker. I actually downloaded some trial versions of other software. I think it was the Sony software I liked using, but it was really more than I needed, so I never bought it.

The rear spring on the KTM was firm enough. Before the trip I put in stiffer fork springs. I needed the upgrade even for solo riding as I am more than a little weighty and when full the Safaris add ~70 pounds over stock. I tested the new springs solo over a couple hundred miles of varying terrain and thought it was good, but we had some handling issues that I didn't get figured out and sorted until Washington. The suspension was a magic carpet ride on the Dalton. Solo and without luggage the forks are quite stiff and harsh now. I should probably re-valve in order to get the range of adjustment needed, but I usually travel with full panniers.

mechahayai, I was really surprised at how tough Helen was on this trip. I complained more than she did. She has only been on one other multiple day ride, so this was new to her. She still talks about how much fun we had. The long miserable days are the ones we both remember the best.

Thanks for all of the comments everyone! I hope you are getting your Alaska trip plans together.