View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #253
Sleddog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by 805gregg View Post
Sledog did your group get chicken dinner at the Pollo building?, It was amazing, and later I went over for another 6 of Tecate when inside the kitchen I went over to the wood stove and warmed my hands said oh this feels good.I took the 6er back to the group. 10 min later a group of guys showed up with a wheel barrow of firewood and we had a fire going right out front for a few hours. About 8pm the cerveza were winding down and the talk turned to politics, I went to bed. When I came out the next morning 6:30 am, our fire was still so I started it up again, then came the good breakfast, where we paid 100 pesos apiece, hence the raised rates. While we were there Mike found that his tail trunk bag had lost one side seam stiching, I had a full fixit kit so we thought a little triming of the pastic and maybe some zip ties and it would be fixed. We showded the owner the problem and asked if she could trim the plastic for us, she brought it back fully repired and hand stiched up, no charge, wonderfull folks there.
No we didn't. We were in town pretty early & had to wait for her to come. But the "Boys" tried frantically to contact her. They were on their radios repeatedly chanting her name. We ended up waiting a couple hours & went to the restaurant up the hill a ways. Nice people, we had fun talking our Spanglish with the daughter!
When the owner of the Hotel arrived, she was a Hoot! I wish we spoke better Spanish we'd of had a lot more fun. When negotiating the price of the room it was like being at an auction! She did ask if we needed Supper & we said no being we just ate.....Guess we missed out!

We looked around for some wood for a fire. We were about ready to fire one of these up.

Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote